Policies & Procedures
In order to comply with the State of Maryland’s requirements, we have implemented the following policies and procedures. Please read through them thoroughly, so you know what to expect when you come in for treatment.
- Most importantly, if you are ill, have a fever, have a cough, are experiencing shortness of breath, have a loss of smell or taste, have been exposed to someone who is sick, are caring for someone who is ill, or are part of a demographic considered to be at increased risk of COVID19 infection, or have traveled, please don’t come into the office! I will be screening patients the day before their appointment to make sure everyone is symptom-free.
- Cancellation fees will be waived for COVID19-related cancellations.
- When you arrive, please go to the kitchen area around the corner from the waiting room to wash your hands. Hand sanitizer will be provided at the office main entrance.
- Patients are required to wear a mask, no exceptions. At this time, please wear your own mask. Masks are on backorder, but when they arrive, I will be able to offer them if you have forgotten.
- Appointment times will be staggered to avoid clustering in the waiting area and to allow me to deep clean the treatment room between patients.
- Treatment tables and pillows will be covered with vinyl that will be wiped down thoroughly with disinfectant between patients. No cloth linens or blankets will be used.
- Due to limited appointments and the need to thoroughly disinfect between patients, it is now more important than ever to arrive for your appointments on time. Please check traffic reports and make sure you leave yourself ample travel time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car until it is your appointment time.
- For those of you not able to come in for treatment at the moment, I will continue to offer telemedicine.